Friday, March 22nd
List: to make a list of; enumerate; to include on a list; register
Psalm 40:5 (NRSV)
You have multiplied, O Lord my God,
your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us;
none can compare with you.
Were I to proclaim and tell of them,
they would be more than can be counted.
Today’s devotion will be your own creation- listing your blessings! We have been so very blessed by God’s love and bounty for us, but often we neglect to be mindful of our gifts and to thank God for them. When we begin naming our blessings specifically, our gratitude grows- as well as our joy. Here are some questions to help us begin listing some of the special gifts we have received from God.
- What is one thing I really appreciate when I awaken each day?
- Which of my five senses am I especially grateful to have today?
- As I look out my window, what am I thankful for?
- Who was the most influential person in my faith journey?
- What would I say was the best blessing of this week?
- Is there a song that has touched my heart recently?
- What is a favorite childhood memory?
- Where do I most like to spend time (consider travels, spaces at home)?
- Who was my favorite teacher and why?
- Was there a difficult time in my life in which I now find a blessing?
- Who helped me most in that difficult time?
- If I had breakfast with Jesus, what would I thank him for?
- Which season is my favorite?
- What Bible passage has most influenced my life?
- What passage has helped me in recent times?
- When did God help me do something that took courage?
- What part of the day do I like the best?
- How does each member of my family bless me?
- In what ways am I gifted?
- What is my favorite food or treat?
- When I look in the mirror, what am I most thankful for?
- Who has been a good friend to me?
- What hobbies do I enjoy most?
- Where do I see God moving in my life recently?
- What is my favorite way to worship God?
With each gift we list, may our hearts grow in gratitude. May the listing of our blessings become a prayer of thankfulness to our generous God, Giver of all good gifts. Enjoy!
All definitions are excerpted from the Merriam-Webster online dictionary at https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/
Photo credit: Aaron Burden on Unsplash