Twas the day after Halloween,
and out on the street
Karen found remnants
of the night’s Trick-or-Treat.
(This trash did not make it
into the garbage bins-
but before we get critical,
read ‘Those “Unknown” Sins’)
I found wrappers and boxes
run over by cars.
Then what should appear
but whole candy bars!
But first, I have news that
we all need to hear:
“Spidey” was Raptured
and yep… we’re still here.
So I offer some wisdom
since we’ll be here next year.
(I hope you enjoy
this Halloween cheer.)
1. One person’s trash is another one’s treasure. Or blog inspiration.
2. In a random sample of the whole pieces of candy left behind (unwanted), chewy fruit candy beat chocolate by a ratio of 19:4. Stick with chocolate.
3. All that glitters isn’t gold- or edible.
4. Some things are better left behind.
5. Fruit is a much healthier choice, if it is actually eaten.
6. Remember how much a smile can brighten someone’s day. Unless you’re a skeleton.
7. Smartees are everywhere. It may be best to ignore them sometimes.
8. Always look for the gems in every circumstance.
(I found two pennies- my symbolic reminders of God’s loving presence.)
9. God is in everything, if we only notice.
I hope this Nerdy blog writer made you Snicker today!